You always wonder what the last minute complication is going to be. The important thing you left at home and remembered on the tarmac. The influenza that strikes the day before departure. But we lucked out. The Yucatan is about to get creamed by Rina.


Tropical storm Rina as of 9 a.m. today (Thanks, U.S. Naval Research Lab)

It touches down less than 24 hours prior to our arrival. I don’t know what happens now. Frontier Airlines has not yet revised the flight, and they tell me that I just have to wait and see what happens. Our one night of luxury accommodations are for the day we arrive, and we got that reservation as a perk for booking with Airtreks. Will the reservation hold? Does our travel insurance cover this and get us a per diem here in Seattle? Are we jumping to conclusions and we’ll be flying out on time anyway? Our apartment is pretty much packed up but it looks like we’ll need to wait until the last minute to determine if we pack up the mattress.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s